Apr 12, 2012

I'll Take a Shin Splint Any Old Day!

Yes, I have a darn shin splint in my left shin! I am actually pretty excited about it because life could be worse!  I could have that nagging knee pain that had sidelined me for about 10 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours, 3 minutes.......you get the message! I have been icing it for the past couple of days and it is getting better but I tell you it is always something these days!! I just bought some KT Tape Pro to try out so I going to watch a video on how to use it and maybe that will help.

Source
I went to physical therapy this morning and did my boring routine on the dreadmill.  I did 3.75 miles in 42 minutes which about an 11:11 pace.  The walking part is what kills my time.  Then I had my beloved H-Wave and Icing Session, which is my favorite part!


The good news is that my PT is now going to allow me to do a bit more.  She wants me to try running, yes I said running, at 6.0 on the dreadmill for 15-20 minutes at a time with 2 minute walk breaks of 4.2 in between!  I will be trying that out as soon as possible.  I think I can consider 6.0 on the dreadmill a run, right? I don't go back to physical therapy for another two weeks and during that time my PT wants me to try to get up to running 30 thirty minutes straight without a break but only at 6.0 and only on the lovely dreadmill! Oh, and no incline! She has way too many darn rules for me to follow but something is better than nothing, right?  I shouldn't be complaining!


I am still waiting for my grade too!  I thought I would know something by now. I guess I have to spend another week worrying about it! On a positive note, today is like my Friday since I don't have to work tomorrow!  Yippee!!!

Have you tried KT Tape?  If you have, let me know what you think of it.

3 comments:

  1. that's fantastic news! well, i mean, having shin splints isn't fantastic but you know what i mean. i think we can both agree that shin splints are better than any worse alternatives :)

    glad you're on the mend friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! so happy you can start back to running, too bad about the shin splint though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the shin splint (ha--you know what I mean) but bigger congrats on the new running verdict from your PT. You are on your way!! I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete