Sep 5, 2012

Back to School:First Day of Fifth Grade

Summer is officially over in our house since this little guy went back to school yesterday.  He was very nervous to go back since he had not seen most of his friends for the entire summer. I can't believe that he is a 5th grader already!
The good news is that he came home very happy and he really likes his teacher. His teacher asked him to set some goals for the year but his were not so much related to school. Two of his goals were to save money and to learn to ride his bike better so that he can do more tricks. That's my son for you! My goal is to spend more time at his school this year and get involved more than I did last year. He is getting to the age where he is embarrassed of me and doesn't want to be hugged to kissed in front of his friends so I have to be on my best behavior when I am at his school!

6 comments:

  1. Aww, doesn't it seem funny when they don't want you to kiss them in public anymore. Cade held my hand going into kindergarten, and I couldn't help but wonder how long that would last. Love your son's goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son seemed to be okay with the kisses until he found out that a little girl liked him! They grow up so fast so we have to enjoy them while we can.

      Delete
  2. Aww hahaha that is too funny and cute!! I would still hug him and kiss him but I'm mean like that :P Maybe his goals aren't school related but they're still great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still make him give me a hug! He says he is a big boy now and that I embarrass him by taking pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! My daughter just started 5th Grade too. They grow so fast. I wish one of her goals was to save money. I need him to come down and teach her.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Grade 5 is that grade where they start to be little men!! It's crazy how much they change from the beginning to the end of the year! He is too cute!

    ReplyDelete