Mar 30, 2014

And I Ran...

Running has not been my favorite subject to talk about lately. It is a great topic when you are able to run and everything is going as planned but as you know, that has not been the case for me. The past few weeks have been tough since I have pretty much kissed my goal race goodbye. I have lost three weeks of training and my confidence level is pretty low at this point. I really have to think about how I am going to approach this race. I want to make the smartest choice so I need some time to digest all of this.

On a positive note, I ran this week. It was only a few miles, but I ran. This is better than nothing and the miles were pain free. 
The hip pain seems to be gone and I hope that it does not return. I have been doing all of the things that you great people have recommended to me. I have been icing, foam rolling and doing lots of different stretches which have helped a lot. 
Ragnar Relay is this coming Friday and I really want to run it. I don't have a lot of miles so I think if I keep the pace super easy then I might be okay. I have 12 miles to run and I think I can handle that. Thankfully we run this race for fun and we will be wearing tutus because #tutusrock! 

Who else is running Ragnar So Cal?
It looks like the weather is going to be great this year! Last year it was so hot so I am looking forward to the cooler weather!

2 comments:

  1. being a running blogger is a lot funner when the running is good isn't it! Glad you got in a pain free run! Have fun at your Ragnar and I hope your hip behaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for pain free. you are a fit woman. I am sure you can handle 12 miles. just have fun!!!! and yes, tutus rock!

    ReplyDelete