Sep 10, 2014

My Birthday and Why I Am Not Working

I think I forgot to mention that I have not been to work for approximately eleven days. Well, apparently I have too much vacation time at work so I keep getting these use it or lose it letters from Human Resources. I have the option of cashing the vacation out but I didn't really want to do that since I might end up signing up for a 1000 races instead of putting the money in my savings like I should. The haven't been to work since August 28th. My son started school on September 3rd so I spent the week getting him ready for junior high. I also had to attend some meetings so I figured I should just take the days off instead of trying to rush to and from work.
Initially I thought I would be spending the time off getting ready for my birthday race but that didn't happen and if you didn't see why you can read all about it HERE. I heard that the course was not the most scenic and the weather was a little warm so that makes me feel a little bit better about missing it. I will be running it a year from now so we will see how I feel about it.

I also went for a run with my friend to pay tribute to her husband who took his life a year ago. He was cremated but we went for a walk up to the spot where he took his life. The view was so beautiful and peaceful. It was a tough day for my friend and her son so I am glad that I was there with her to help her find some peace in this whole situation.
I have also been busy celebrating my birthday. I think I have been celebrating for the past two weeks. My dear friend took me out to dinner and bought me the cutest running outfit ever. She is just too good to me.

My friends also planned a little get together for me and we had a great time. These girls really know how to make me laugh. It is never a dull moment with them. I don't drink but they made sure to have a drink for me. 
My favorite part of the day was the cake. This cake from The Cheesecake Factory was big enough to feed an army. I got my workout in by just carrying it. It was rich but man was it delicious!
I also enjoyed a birthday celebration with my family. They also spoiled me with lots of gifts. They are the ones who keep me going through it all. We were so busy talking that we forgot to take a picture together..oops!
Other than that I have been taking it easy and I did run a little bit this week. I have kept my runs pretty short and the pace has been pretty darn easy too. My hip is a whole a lot better but I have been taking good care of it this week because I really need to get back into it soon. I stepped on the scale since I have not been running and I gained 1.5 pounds so I am glad that the birthday binge eating  is done and over!

I did go for a run on my birthday because I just had to and I didn't get too carried away. I ran the first 7 miles with my other half and then I did some miles alone. Please don't try to guess my age by the numbers on my Garmin.
Thank you to everyone who sent me birthday wishes on Facebook and Instagram and for all of the love and support you provided when I had to add the Ventura Marathon to the DNS list! Love you all! 

How is your training going? 

What was the highlight of your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment