Mar 16, 2014

The Week After and the Shoe Dilemma Continues

I haven't done much at all this week in the running department. This week was spent resting and recovering and trying to get my thoughts together. The most important thing for me was finding a pair of shoes! I was not able to find my beloved Mizuno Wave Inspire 9's so that has been a big issue for me. The pair that I wore for the LA Marathon can no longer be used for running. They have over 400 miles on them and they were not very comfortable during the LA Marathon. 

I got fitted for new running shoes and was told that I should go with neutral shoes. When I started running back in 2010, I was wearing neutral shoes but after my injury in 2012, I was told that I should try stability shoes. Now I am heading back into neutral shoes and hoping for the best. I am trying out the Brooks Ghost 6. I ran in them for the first time today and did 3.1 easy miles with my other half.
They felt different and I swear that everything was hurting but we will see how I feel tomorrow. My other half got some new running shoes too. He is now running in the Mizuno Wave Inspire 10's and he like them a lot. I am so jealous of him right now. I guess the 10's work for him but not for me.
I didn't really miss running this week because of my shoes and my calf issue. I am actually a little nervous about running in different shoes because I am afraid of what will happen since I had issues when I tried the new model of my Mizunos. The calf pain is still lingering around and if it doesn't go away real soon I am going to have it checked out. I know it is not normal and it bothers me. My goal race is right around the corner and I don't want to go into this race with this hanging over my head. 
My next event is Ragnar So Cal on April 4-5 so I am glad that I do not have the pressure of a big race hanging over my head until May. I don't have a lot of miles for the relay so I am thankful that I didn't challenge myself with too many miles. My team runs this for fun so there is no pressure in the pace department either :)

Anyone else running Ragnar So Cal? 
What is your team name name/number and what time do you start?

My team number is 57 (Runners High) and we start at 6:45 am.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, i'm in the process of debating between a stability shoe or a nuetral shoe. I have major IT band issues. Curious as to what your injury was and why you chose the shoes you did. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that my problem is IT band related. It is best to get fittest for a running shoe that is best for you and I was told that a neutral shoe is best for me. I am not sure that it is but I am working through it and hopefully I find a shoe that works for me. Have you ever been fitted for running shoes?

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I found your blog while searching for M2B recaps (I'm running it this year and hoping for a BQ!) and read your awesome recap!
    For your ITB - have you tried Active Release Therapy? I have sensitive ITBs and find ART to be the most helpful. Hope you find your perfect shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for stopping by! I have never tried ART but have been looking into it. I may have found my shoes so I just waiting for a confirmation email since the last two stores and emailed me to tell me that they really did not have them.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous3/23/2014

    Shoes are always such a tricky thing. I am always nervous when I switch especially if it is a neutral shoe. Here is hoping this works. Hey what app do you use for labeling your pics? I am looking fo one that is simple without too much embellishment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete