Jul 2, 2012

South Carolina Bound and a Weekly Recap

I will be packing up my bags and heading out to South Carolina for a few days in mid August. It will be just me and my niece since we have a house full of puppies and cannot leave them alone. I asked my son if he wanted to come along but he did not want to leave his Daddy behind. My sister and her family are now residing in Charleston and I have not seen them since January. My brother-in-law is in the Navy so this is where they are calling home for the next couple of years. We are hopeful that once he finishes school they will be able to move closer to California so that we can see them more often. 

My niece is here visiting and we will be flying to South Carolina together so that she does not have to fly back home alone. I am also excited to see my nephew who just celebrated his first birthday. Jazzy, the family Pitbull Yorkie may or may not be excited about my presence so hopefully I come back home in one piece! She is only four pounds but swears that she is ten times her size!
Last night I was busy searching  for a race to squeeze in while I am in South Carolina but no such luck. I was only able to find triathlons and I am not ready for that yet. I am still very excited to go for a couple of runs while I am there since I enjoy the change of scenery and running in new places. I have heard that South Carolina is a beautiful place so I am looking forward to visiting a state that I have never experienced.  I am a California girl at heart but I do enjoy visiting new places.


Weekly Recap: I had a good week.  I finally ran 100 miles in the month of June!  I have not seen a decent month since December due to my injury.  I am slowly increasing my mileage and hoping to return to better days again.  
I ran 25.55 miles last week and I had a great long run on Saturday with an average pace of 8:19.  The warm weather does not make it all that enjoyable but I guess I will get used to it . When the sun is out, 61 degrees feels like 80 degrees to me! I have been avoiding the treadmill this week for some reason that I can't seem to explain. 
Any ideas of fun things to do, or places to visit while in South Carolina?

8 comments:

  1. Great job with your mileage, I am with you 60 and sunny is no fun to run in. I much prefer a 45 degree run. I have never been to North Carolina so no help there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After seeing your post on your mileage...I don't think I have done much! I have also been to North Carolina when I was really young but I do not remember much about it. Good luck on your marathon!!!

      Delete
  2. Have a great time in Charleston! It's a really beautiful city and it's very pedestrian friendly so there are several places to run in the downtown area. Make sure you take a trip to the market and walk around downtown. You're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tips! I will have to take a trip to the market and downtown!

      Delete
  3. I share your pain with all this heat. Running is a beast in it! I've enjoyed Charleston and Hilton Head in SC. Enjoy! Congrats on some solid June mileage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! The heat has been horrible here too! I have been getting out at 7:30pm or later to go for a run and it is still 81 degrees! Pretty crazy!!

      Delete
  4. Great miles in June! Don't let that humidity down there melt you. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a fan of humidity but I am going to try to run and see if I can survive!

      Delete