Aug 22, 2012

A Friendly Challenge and a Short Break

Sometimes a little break from running can be a good thing!  After feeling so sore for the last few days and taking a short break I feel much better. Sometimes a break can be a good thing because it makes you feel refreshed and renewed. My soreness is almost gone with the exception of this weird pain on the side of my right shin. I hope it goes away since it is making me a little nervous with race day coming up in 10 days. I am going to to try to fit a short run in this evening because I feel so lazy and guilty when I don't run.
I have been keeping up with a friendly competition that Jen from Running with the Girls has challenged everyone with. The Challenge consists of how long you can plank, wall sit and how many wall sits/push-ups you can do from August 15th until August 31st. I have not made much progress but I am trying to stick with it.

Speaking of breaks, the house has been so quiet with the two puppies gone. The two that were adopted were both males and the two females who are left are very calm. There is also less mess to clean up and less puppies to chase around the living room. My son decided to spend the night at Grandma's last night because he said our house reminds him of the puppies. He is so dramatic but seems to be coming around.  


Did anyone else accept the challenge from Jenn at Running with the Girls? Do you ever take small breaks from running to get you back on track?

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know about that challenge, but maybe I will try something similar for September! My chiro wants me to do planks every day--he thinks it's the best thing for a back like mine--so that would be a fun way to keep ratcheting it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of like planks! The challenge makes you want to push yourself a little further everyday to beat your time from the previous day. I am not so great at it but it gives me something to look forward to. Take Care.

      Delete
  2. I will try in September too, I need to rehab my back.
    It is always hard to take a break but our body needs it. This is a lesson that I don't want to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are feeling better. I hear you about the breaks. If I take a break it is usually by force.

      Delete