Aug 30, 2012

Weather Stalking Part 2 and a Blue Moon!

With my race just a few days away, the weather forecast keeps getting warmer and warmer. I was hoping for weather in the 60's but it has now starting moving towards the 70's! It is what it is. Maybe my game plan should be to run as fast as I can to avoid the heat!
The shin is still tender and the toenail is feeling a lot better but does not like shoes! I have a pair of flip flops hiding under my desk and wear them as often as I can.  I have to stay hidden from the shoe police at work. I swear they notice all of the right things!! 

I know that it is just a half marathon and not a marathon but it is still a race.  We all look for those ideal conditions on race day but it doesn't always work out that way.  One of my favorite things about running is the meal I get to eat the night before.  I haven't had pasta in a while and I think I just might indulge. I heard that Olive Garden is having the never ending pasta bowl right now!
 
Did you hear there is going to be a blue moon tomorrow? This will be the first time we will experience a blue moon time since March, 2010. After Friday, we will have to wait another three years, July 2015, for the next one. So, if you have never had a chance to experience a blue moon before now is your chance! My son loves this kind of stuff so I am sure we will be spending lots of time moon watching with his telescope!

Anybody racing this weekend?  

Have you ever seen a blue moon before? I have not!

8 comments:

  1. Haha the shoe police!! I can't believe the race is so close. Ice and rest as much as possible so you're good to go on race day. Oh yeah, and enjoy your PASTA!! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina for the great advise I plan to follow. I wanted to get one more run in but some rested legs may do me some good.

      Delete
  2. I saw the moon setting this morning as I was on my run. Funny how the "blue" moon looked gold here due to the fires west and north of us (sigh)--it was very pretty. I even saw a lady pulled over to film it as it drifted in and out of some clouds.

    Good luck in the race! The weather is what it is--you will still do great. Take care of that toe, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always encouraging me Terzah. I think I need one good race to make me believe in myself again! I am a little concerned about the heat but I guess if I finish fast enough I will be better off!

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your race...stay cool and hydrate!!! Run your race and you will rock it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Nancy!! I am going to do my best!

      Delete
  4. Good luck in the race, you will do good despite the heat.
    Blue moon also in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the well wishes! It looks like the temperature will be in the high 60's to low 70's so it is what it is! Hope you are feeling better.

      Delete