Aug 4, 2013

My Weekly Update: 7/29/13-8/4/13

This week was somewhat of an easy week. I kept my paces easy and it kind of felt nice to be honest. I think I kind of needed a little break which kind of motivated me to get back at it next week. With the Dumbo Double Dare right around the corner, I really need to be prepared to tackle those back to back races regardless of pace.

MondayREST DAY

TuesdayCross Training Day: 45 minutes on the bike trainer (10.59 Miles)

Wednesday: 7.04 Miles@8:46 pace on the treadmill

Thursday: REST DAY

Friday: 8.0 Miles@9:11 (First 5 miles with my other half and that last three miles alone @9:20, 8:24 and 7:22 pace.) We ran the same 5 mile course as last week and his pace went from an average of 10:04 with a few breaks last week to an average of 9:48 with no breaks at all this week.  He is so focused when he runs and he doesn't even talk to me!
Saturday Cross Training Day: 45 minutes on the bike trainer (11 Miles)

Sunday: 19 Miles@9:07 pace. I decided to kick my own behind for skipping out on my long run last week! I threw a little 3 mile climb in there and boy did it feel good to go back down! I also chose this route so that I would be forced to keep the pace easy. The plan was to run a long and steady run for the first ten miles to work on my endurance.
I ran the first 6 miles with the other half and the last 13 on my own. You guessed that right...Monday will definitely be a rest day for me!

TOTAL MILES: 34.04 Miles


If you follow me on Instagram then you probably already know that I signed up for a marathon. I am going to give Mountains 2 Beach Marathon another shot next May. I am planning to make this my goal race for a BQ! The race director mentioned on Facebook that is trying to change the last 6 miles of the course which is an out and back that everyone hates! If it actually happens then I think I can run a better race if all the stars align on race day.


Did you have a good week? What was the highlight of your week?

12 comments:

  1. Your training encourages me to get out there. I had a terrible week last week as we were away and now I am sick but hoping to get in some good miles later this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrible weeks definitely happen to all of us! I have found that a bad weeks almost always turns into a good week so get out there and make it happen!

      Delete
  2. I think your running buddy is doing awesome! I am jealous of his pace:)
    I wanted to maybe run that same race in May....but now I can't it is ON Bill's bday.

    So do we have a half marathon on your schedule on MY bday?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to run the half with you on your birthday! You will enjoy Mountains 2 Beach so maybe you can run it the following year.

      My running buddy is doing really good. He used to call me crazy and now he is out there doing the same thing. I really enjoy watching him run. He is so serious!

      Delete
  3. Wow- way to go on your long run pace that includes climbing! That's pretty impressive.

    I'm excited to see you BQ next year. I know you'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christy! I can't wait to get that BQ but I know I have to be patient! It will be tough!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. My calves were on fire the next couple of days but sometimes you have to step out of your comfort zone and push yourself a little!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous8/06/2013

    LOVE your routine -- and I love that you and your other half run together!! Congrats on your next marathon... super exciting & very inspirational. I haven't ran even a mile in a long time & now I'm all kinds of motivated:) xoox's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! You are a busy girl but get out there when you can! Hope Dad is doing as well as he can.

      Delete
  6. great running week Sandy!! I love how you challenged yourself on your long run. you're hitting great paces & I know all your hard work will pay off for you. :)

    I may add M2B to my calendar next year. I'll let you know if I do! Have a great day lady!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Pam! You should run M2B. It is a small but great race. I love everything about it!

      Delete