Aug 23, 2013

One Week to Go and My Dumbo Dare Plans

This whole Dumbo Double Dare 19.3 miles in two days thing came all too quickly! The last time I thought about it, it was like 6 months away and now it is less than a week away. The Disneyland Half Marathon is one of my favorite races and I have PR'd it the last three years that I have raced it. It is a flat and fun course and the weather is great every year. This year my race plans are going to be a little different because I have a 10K to run the day before the half. I rarely run consecutive days since I alternate between running and cross-training. I am thinking that this will be somewhat challenging for me.
Today I started looking through my closet looking for two outfits to wear. I found two outfits in the closet that fit the Disney theme perfectly that I have never worn. One of my outfits is fun and the other is not so much but the colors are appropriate. So what are my race plans? Well, the weather is going to be in the mid 60's which is not bad but not great either. 
The 1oK starts at 6:15 am so if I finish within a hour of the start time, I am thinking that I will be okay. My goal is to run in the 8-8:15 range for the 10K. The half marathon starts at 5:30 am which I really like but I don't have a goal pace or time! Disney races are so expensive and I never take the time to stop and enjoy the course or what Disney has to offer. I never stop to take pictures with the characters either so I just might do that this time. I am a little worried about the warm weather so I will make sure that I don't have too much fun out there! Bottom line is that I plan to have fun out there and not put too much pressure on myself.

Anybody else running the Dumbo Double Dare or one of the Disney races next weekend?

7 comments:

  1. It's easy to miss seeing the sights when we're focused on our race. Hope it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. However you choose to do it, have fun! You'll easily get those two cute medals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little concerned with the full sunshine in that forecast there. I sure hope the heat holds off. It KILLS my race pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! You in corral A?

      Delete
    2. Me too!! That's why I am not planning anything big. Hopefully it changes. In any case, the early start should help us out!

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure. My bib number is 20224. I usually am for the half but not sure about Dumbo.

    ReplyDelete