Jan 8, 2015

2014: Running and Monthly Highlights

The year started out great and then kind of went south in the end of the year. I did manage to run a total of nine races which included two marathons, four half marathons, one Relay, one 8K and one 5K.  I had an instant PR in the 8K distance because it was first time racing the distance!
My goal was to run 1400 miles and I missed it by a long shot with only 1187 miles. This knee pain really set me back in the end of this year and I knew that I could no longer focus on the miles. I had to shift my focus to getting myself back out there which meant not running and taking care of my knee. It sucked and it was hard but there is no other way to do it. I have learned that over the years and I have promised myself that I will not repeat mistakes of the past.

I also wanted to share some of the highlights of my year. Some were good and were not so good but they were still memorable parts of my year. I have so many things to be thankful for and life is what we make of it, right?

January started out great. I had a record mileage week to start off the year. I don't run a lot of miles so a 40 mile week is pretty decent for me.


February was the month and I had my big shoe dilemma. My beloved Mizuno Wave Inspire 9's were history and I could not find anything else like them again. It was very depressing. I still think about them.

In March I ran my fifth marathon. It was the toughest marathon that I have ran by far but I managed to run it in under 4 hours. I learned a lot about myself during this marathon.

April was the month that I was reunited with my Mizuno Wave Inspire 9's. I still have a pair of them and I have actually been wearing them lately. 

In May I celebrated Mother's Day with my family. I am blessed to be loved so much by my daughter and my son.  I still had my hair in this picture!

In June I paced my running buddy to a half marathon PR of 12 minutes. She wanted to run a sub-two half and she did it! It felt great to see her so excited about her accomplishment.

July was a record mileage for me. I took on the Big Foot Challenge and ran 150 miles in July.

August was the month that I joined a running club. I am so glad I finally joined after thinking about doing it for so long. 

September was the month that I volunteered at a race for the first time. It was such a great experience to be on the other side of things. 

In October I ran a marathon with my running buddy again and paced her to a marathon PR. This was the best feeling ever!

November was the month that I got incredibly brave and cut off all of my hair and donated it. I like it so much better and I don't regret it at all.


December was bittersweet. My Dad's PET scan showed that his cancer is improving but then I lost my Roxy girl to cancer in the same month.



What were the highlights of your year?

2 comments:

  1. sorry about your Roxy girl. hope your 2015 is wonderful.
    My highlights were running three half marathons after not doing any the year before. Getting to run in the Ragnar Napa Relay was also pretty much awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christy! I am feeling confident that 2015 is going to be a good year even if it means just getting back to where I was at.

      Delete