Oct 2, 2013

September Recap

I am starting to get excited as the months fly by because I love Christmas! I can't believe that Costco already has their Christmas stuff out. I usually like to take it easy at the end of the year approaches but I kind of have a feeling that is not going to go down like that. I have a marathon in less than two weeks and a half marathon with my other half a month after that. I usually run a race for fun in the month of December but I haven't registered for anything yet. Some of my friends are running the Divas Half Marathon which looks like a lot of fun so I might just allow them to talk me into it. 

So what went down in September? 

1. I had a birthday but we won't do any number analysis on that topic! 


2. I ran 127 miles in September which is about average for me. September mileage was much less than August but I am still going to call it a good month. It was solid and I had some great runs. I have been trying to keep my weekly mileage between 30-35 miles and I have been able to stick with it. I am always excited when my long runs go well and those have been pretty solid.


3. I also ran a half marathon in 80 degree heat but it was at the Happiest Place on Earth so I guess I can't complain!

 What are my plans for October?
 
I don't have any big plans for October except to survive the Long Beach Marathon on October 13th. I can't wait to start stalking the weather on Friday when the 10-Day Forecast will be available! I am hoping to be able to take it easy the week after this race. I think I owe it to my body to give it a break especially after 26.2 miles!

How was your September?

There are so many marathons coming up in October. Anybody running Chicago? BayState? MCM?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome month! Heck awesome YEAR Sandy! It's so great to see you realize your running potential. Very excited for you. Yes, Christmas is sneaking up on us, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia. It has been a great year but I know that I still need to be careful and cautious with my running. The minute I think I am doing well and start to push something will happen. I am very thankful and want to stay healthy and injury free for my goal race in May, 2014.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10/02/2013

    Great mileage! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Missy! Your training is coming along great as well!

      Delete
  3. A very good month, I see you follow a program because april, july and september have the same mileage.
    Good luck on Long Beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to stick to a schedule that I am used to since my time is limited on the weekdays! Those weekday runs are the toughest!

      Delete