Jan 19, 2014

Miles for Meg and a Birthday Celebration

When bad news strikes the running world it hits home for all of us. It makes me feel so bad that these terrible things happen to people who are doing something that they love. It is just sad that there are so many irresponsible people in this world that make mistakes that change the lives of innocent people. Hopefully everyone was able to get some miles in for Meg this weekend. I was not able to get my miles in until Sunday and I had a great run.
This past week I attended a conference in San Diego so it was hard to get my runs in. I saw lots of runners out there but I did not have the chance to get out there and join them. I was pretty jealous but since I was pretty busy with work stuff I had to get my miles in at the end of the day. The view from my room was amazing. I think I could get used to it!
I ended up on the treadmill most of the week but did manage a couple of runs outdoors. I ended my week with 38 miles and I am pretty happy with that. So far I am at 100 miles for the month. It looks like it's going to be a good month for me.
My son also celebrated his 12th birthday on Saturday so most of my weekend was dedicated to him. He kind of made me promise not to run on Saturday so that I could spend some time with him. He has never asked me to do this before so I agreed to do it. We are going to have a birthday party for him in a couple of weeks since I found a great deal on Groupon for 50% off of a weekend party at his favorite trampoline place! SCORE! We took him out to dinner for his birthday and he invited a friend from school. We had a good time and ate way too much as usual. His sister gave him a bottle of money for his birthday and he was really excited about it! I thought it was such a great gift idea. I think she found it on Pinterest.
LA Marathon is just 7 weeks away and I am definitely not feeling ready. I think I need to get a couple of 20 milers under my belt before my confidence level starts to rise. Next weeks plans include a 20 mile long run. I wish I had somebody to run it with because 20 milers are tough and they kick my %&#@!!!

How was your week?

Anybody run Tinkerbell, Arizona R&R, or Carlsbad this weekend?
I was jealous of all of the runners on Instagram but after running two back to back half marathons I think I am good for now :)



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/19/2014

    Great job sweetie....You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great 17 mile run! Don't stress too much, you will be ready for your marathon in 7 weeks! I found that podcasts and audiobooks really made my long runs fly by when I trained for a marathon since I did all my long runs solo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good workout, congrats.
    Late happy 12th birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did my two back to backs and now I have nothing, save for a few 5Ks. I wish I were ready to run 20 miles with you... but am far, far, far from that. And besides, you're too speedy for me! :) You got this!

    ReplyDelete