Jun 8, 2014

A Week of Workouts and What's Better than a PR to me

This week was not as great as last week in terms of running. I overdid it on leg day and I was sore for a couple of days. I missed a run and was forced to take a rest day and missed a run but I am okay with it since it was for a good reason. 

Here is a recap of my week.

Monday: Rest Day- My son had his last band concert and that was the priority of the evening.

Tuesday: 7.39 Mile Tempo Run on the treadmill. It was way too hot to run outdoors but it ended up being a really good run. I could have kept going but I only had an hour to get it done.

Wednesday: Since it was National Running Day, I went for a 4 Mile run with my other half. It was rough in the 85 degree temps but we survived.

Thursday: Squats, Planks and Push Ups. I think I added too much weight for my squats and ended up being really sore for a couple of days.

Friday: I had to take a forced Rest Day since my quads and my rear end were in too much pain to do anything.

Saturday: I paced my friend to a sub two hour half marathon finish. It was a great day! She PR'd by 12 minutes and she was incredibly happy! I love seeing others reach their goals. It is a better feeling to me than when I earn a PR! I got my long run done at MGP so it worked out for both of us! 
Congratulations to Megan who also smashed her goal and ran a sub two half! She is proof that you never know what you are capable of until you step out of your comfort zone! I am so darn happy for her! I gave her the biggest hug ever and couldn't get enough of the big smile on her face! I am telling you, it was one of the best days ever!
Sunday: I attended my annual family reunion and took a break from running but I did work my arms and my back.

Total Miles: 24.56

How was your week? Did you race this weekend?

11 comments:

  1. Love you for this! Thanks for cheering me on at Mile 2 and always being so supportive! You are THE BEST.

    Run together soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your finish line photo! It's priceless! Yes, we will have to find a time to run that works for both of us since you are not really local anymore :(

      Delete
    2. It's probably my new favorite photo EVER.

      Hopefully semi-local, though not like 5 miles away local. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love seeing others realize that they really CAN reach their goals!!! Great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a good week! I haven't seen so many smiles at a race in a long time! I also met a few runners that I have been wanting to meet!

      Delete
  3. Great job pacer and congratulations to Megan -- a sub-2 hour (by a lot!) half and a 12 minute PR -- that's huge! I just wrote a post about my crazy week -- the training it really kicking into high gear with just 10 weeks to go until the Santa Rosa Marathon at the end of August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your post! You are seriously hitting it hard. Great job! I am not familiar with your training plan but it looks pretty intense. Keep it up! I think there is a BQ coming in about 10 weeks!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Angela! :)

      Delete
  4. Squats always leave me so sore for days too! Always interferes with my running. Nice week of workouts though, Sandy!

    You are awesome for pacing your friends. Being there for people when they reach their goals is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost fell off the bus at the race on Saturday when my niece spanked me on the behind to be funny! It hurt that bad !I don't think I have ever been that sore before from squats. I do need to take it easy though because running is not so fun when your quads and butt are on fire.It was a truly a great day at that race. The weather was perfect and there were so many PR's. I also met some runners from Instagram that I have been wanting to meet. I have to meet you one day soon too!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6/14/2014

    That is just awesome for your friends! I have been chasing a sub 2 half for years...2:01 is my PR. Wanna come pace me? :-)

    ReplyDelete