Jan 25, 2012

No Surfing For Me!


The pain in my leg is still here which means that the Surf City Marathon is not going to happen in 2012!  I am pretty bummed since I will have to start the Beach Cities Challenge all over again!  It is bittersweet for me since I am sad that I cannot run Surf City but at the same time this may be my opportunity to redeem myself in Long Beach this October! Long Beach was such a disaster that it probably should not count anyway! 

In the meantime, I am taking it easy and testing my leg out to see what it will tolerate.  I did a 45 minutes on the elliptical last night and felt no pain but it's usually in the morning that the pain hits me.  So far so good but I really want to try spin and see what happens. I have decided to see an orthopedic doctor to make sure that the Sports Medicine doctor I saw has diagnosed me correctly.

Until then, I will keep hoping and praying and looking forward to getting back out there.  With all of the suffering and sad days that I have had wishing that I could run, I should be coming back with a vengeance!

11 comments:

  1. Sorry, I know it's disappointing, but there will be other races! Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh what a bummer! I hope you heal up soon and get back to running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do at least the Half for ya. Love this race! sorry about your leg. keep kickin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to defer until 2013 so hopefully I will come back and kill it!

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry....the best decision are often the hardest to make. This is my final leg for the beach cities challenge and I am freaking out about the germs everywhere..I cannot be sick.

    What about Thinkerbell?

    you will be back strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that you aren't going to be able to run this one. I am sure you will be back in no time and faster as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. tag you are it!
    go see my post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH NO!!!! A strained muscle?! Hopefully it'll feel better soon, I am so sorry to hear about it... So glad you were able to defer another year at least.

    ReplyDelete