Jan 2, 2012

Out with 2011 and in with 2012!

Happy New Year!! 2011 ended with a bang for me!  Instead of spending the ten days that I had off of work resting, I invested a lot of time in running.  The last week of 2011 was my biggest ever.  I banked 46.11 miles and my last run of the year was 20.8 miles.  The routes that I did this past week have been challenging for me with more more hills and longer distances. My legs felt great even after the 20.8 miler which is huge for me since I usually feel a little soreness somewhere the next day.

My goal was to run 1000 miles in 2011 and I exceeded my goal with 1254 Miles.  My goal for 2012 is 1200 miles or maybe even more!

Although I have not met my ultimate goal of qualifying and running the Boston Marathon, I know that 2011 was a great year for me.  I really stepped it up this year and signed up for more races than I thought I would be able to run in the last three months of the year. I managed three new PR's in 2011 and my biggest goal for 2012 will be tackling the marathon!! I would love to break four hours and move that much closer to a Boston qualifying time!!

09/4/11: Disneyland Half Marathon (PR) 1:47:43
10/9/11: Long Beach Marathon
10/15/11: Matt Myers Memorial Run 5K
11/12/11: Mission Inn Run 10K (PR) 49:39
11/24/11: Claremont Sunrise Turkey Trot 5K (PR) 23:17
11/26/11: San Dimas Turkey Trot 5K
12/11/11: Holiday Half Marathon

2012 has a full race schedule for me. The first five months of 2012 are pretty booked and I am really looking forward to it. My first race will be the inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon at Disneyland on January 29, 2012. The medal is so cute and I can barely wait to have it around my neck!

Life is slowly returning to normal now and it is time to go back to work too.  I still have to take the Christmas decorations down and I never look forward to the "clean it up and put it away" part. Almost all of the holiday goodies have been devoured eaten and I don't even want to know how many pounds I have put on in the past ten days!  Maybe I will get brave enough to step on the scale today...

Were you able to get some quality runs in over the holidays?  Did you accomplish your 2011 goals?  What are your running plans for 2012?

1 comment:

  1. That tinkerbell medal looks awesome- if I was in LA I would definitely run!

    I got a pb for the half marathon in 2011, but want to get another one this year!

    I have been running a lot here over the holidays enjoying the sunny Australian weather!

    ReplyDelete