May 10, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. I am not a huge fan of McDonald's but I do like their coffee and I also eat their oatmeal every once in a while. I have tried the Fruit and Maple Oatmeal before and noticed that they are now advertising for the Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal.  I tried it the other morning instead of my usual morning cup of Starbucks and it was actually pretty good. I liked the idea of the fresh blueberries!
2. My baby nephew, who will be  one year old in June, has figured out how to get around just enough to terrorize my sister's 4 pound Yorkie, Jazzy. I thought the laughter on his face was absolutely priceless!
 
3. Today was supposed to be my last day of physical therapy but it wasn't!! I am pretty much pain free today and I guess if I can run a half marathon and still be standing then I am getting better. I was not released from PT because I mentioned that I still have a tiny bit of soreness in my back of my left thigh/hamstring from my half marathon on Sunday and a bit of soreness in my shin. The pain is a different area of my leg than than it was with the original injury that I was being treated for. The original issue was behind my knee (semimembranosus muscle) and I no longer have pain in that area during or after a run.
I guess they don't want to hear the word "pain" or they keep you! I think these issues are the effects of running a half so I am not too concerned about it since the pain has definitely improved since I started feeling it on Monday. After 15 minutes of the hot pad on my shin, I did a few other exercises and stretches and then I was on my way. I go back to PT in two weeks to make sure that everything is in order and most likely that will be the end of PT.  Yippee!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I feel like I should send you a cap and gown for your "graduation" from PT. I wish I could say my pain were all gone. I woke up this morning feeling like I was 80 (those glute exercises do it to me every time), but 80 is better than 90, which is how it was before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that you are released in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete