Feb 26, 2013

Off To A Great Start

I was able to sleep in an extra hour today because I went into work late. I had to stay later today to attend a City Council meeting and I did not want to miss my run since it would have bothered me. I saw this as a great opportunity to get an early morning in before I headed out the door and I am so glad that I did. It was a good run and my legs felt super great for some reason. It was actually a progressive run that kind of happened by mistake. I started out at an easy pace and it just got better and better. I wish every run felt this great! 
It was not a super fast or super long run but it felt great coming off of a crappy week. I was happy and I hope this happens more often! Just had to share this...

Do you have days like this where you just feel really good and wonder where it came from?
These kinds of runs used to happen more often for me so when they do happen these days I get really excited and just savor the moment!

14 comments:

  1. A very good negative split, congrats!
    A run is the best way to start the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a pretty great run to me! I wish I didn't have to be to work so early so I could run before I go in without running in the dark. We don't have any street lights and I am chicken:). Sometimes in the summer I fit in an easy three miles and I love how good I feel all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually go in really early so this rarely happens if ever. I am not sure how this run happened, especially the end but I will take it when it happens.

      Delete
  3. Great progression run! Those are my favorites, too, especially when they just happen like that and aren't forced. And you are super speedy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not speedy Terzah. It just happened to be a good day and it just kind of happened. I am hoping that this will happen more often especially on race day!

      Delete
  4. Awesome run to start the morning lady! Here's hoping you have an equally outstanding rest of the week too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Megan! I am hoping for a good long run on Sunday. Looks like you had a great track workout this morning! Good job!

      Delete
  5. You are speedy! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Christy! Not all of my runs end like this one!

      Delete
  6. That's an inspiring run! And that is fast! Which Garmin is that? I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! It the Garmin 610. The colors are what forced me to buy it and the "Limited Edition" threats too!

      Delete
  7. so fast!!!!
    good job!!
    so did you find a race for March?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Caroline. No March race as of yet! I need to find one soon.

      Delete