Feb 28, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. I achieved my goal of a 100 mile month for February and it was even a short month so I am pretty happy about it! I am raising the bar for March, which is long month, so I have more days to achieve my goal.
2. I am still on the hunt for a marathon to run this year or should I say I am on the hunt for a marathon with a flat and fast course to run this year! I would really like to run California International Marathon but since it was rained out last year I am a little nervous about signing up. Registration opens up tomorrow so we will see if I get brave enough to register. If I don't pull the trigger on California International then I might hold out and run an out-of- state marathon when I visit my sister next year.

3. I signed up for the Long Beach Half Marathon today which is the last race I need to complete the Beach Cities Challenge series. I was thinking about running the marathon but training in the summer is not sounding very appealing to me at this moment since we had a really hot summer this past year. I guess I can always change my mind and upgrade to the full if I get brave enough.

                                     How is your race schedule looking so far this year?
My race schedule is not super full but it takes all of the self control that I have not to register for every race I would love to run!

9 comments:

  1. Run the Fox Valley marathon, here in my hometown of St. Charles IL. It's the most beautiful course EVER (yes, I am biased) and the course is fairly flat...It's on the trails I always talk about, and truly the best organized race I've ever ran. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never ran on trails before! I have to try the trails one day. I sure it is beautiful in your hometown!

      Delete
  2. Nice job with the Feb miles! I have only really signed up for one race so far this year, but I have plans for another half marathon, Ragnar Relay, some shorter races and a run portion of a run bike paddle type race.

    No plans for a marathon this year. Still a little traumatized from my first one I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marathons are serious stuff which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on one for this year! My favorite distance is the half. I will also be running Ragnar for the first time this year. I am looking forward to it.

      Delete
  3. Great job on your miles this month!!! I'm just about set with my race schedule for the year...except now to pay all the race fees! I know there will be some added "Oh this is fun" races thrown in too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how that goes. I am also thinking about adding in some shorter distance like a Turkey Trot or something like that. Race fees can get expensive if you go crazy like I tend to! have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. My vote is a race in AZ. :) Great job on your mileage for the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking at some marathons in Arizona and might just do that really soon. I have been wanting to try Rock and Roll Arizona and IMS Arizona.

      Delete
  5. I'm in the same boat about needing to use some self control or I'd be racing every weekend. There are just so many great races!

    ReplyDelete