Jun 29, 2011

The 100 Mile Club

For the month of June I ran a total of 89.34 miles, which is short of my goal of 100 miles per month.  Due to the my injuries, I was forced to cut back on my running, get a little physical therapy, and let myself heal to prevent my injuries from getting worse. I am happy to report that my ITBS and shin splint issues are much better and I am able to run more often with minimal pain or none at all. I am still taking good care of myself and icing after every run and taking Advil to prevent any swelling.

I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of things and hoping for a 100 mile month in July.  Now that I am in training for the Long Beach Marathon in October, I should be able to achieve a 100 miles in July without a problem.  The last time that I had a 100 mile month was January 2011, so I am excited abut getting back in the “100 mile club” and hitting a minimum of 1000 miles for the year.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I've been dealing with issues with shin splints too, it majorly sucks! Hope you get to where you're running pain-free soon!

    ReplyDelete