Sep 23, 2011

BURN OUT!


This is the sign that has been hanging in my house and in my office for the last week!  I am not sure what has gotten into me but I have completely lost my motivation!  I have the Long Beach Marathon coming up in two weeks and I should been preparing myself both mentally and physically.  What have I been doing instead?   Eating cupcakes as often as my local cupcakery puts out the special flavors and resting!  I have only logged 4 miles this week and need to get with it!

As I am reading through all of the blogs that I follow, I noticed that everyone is getting through their long runs with flying colors and getting really excited about PR's and I am just barely getting by over here! I need to change this mentality quick and make the best of the last two weeks that I have until my marathon.  

The weather has been really hot this week (95-100 degrees) so I have been using that as an excuse to put my runs off.  Today I will make that trip to the gym and knock out an hours worth on the dreadmill!  I would much rather enjoy the fresh air and the scenery but sometimes you just can't have your cake and eat it too!


Everyone is doing such a great job with training and good luck to all of you in your upcoming races!

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon you :) Rest assured that many of us are struggling with mental or physical challenges (or maybe both!). You are most definitely not alone.

    Good luck finding that mojo soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much of a treadmill fan either...but sometimes if I have a good book to listen to, it can be a refreshing change.

    ReplyDelete