Sep 21, 2011

Great Deals and 22 Miles!

On Saturday I found some amazing deals at the REI Used Gear Sale.  My husband was hoping to score a great deal on a used road bike but you have to camp out for a great deal like that and I wasn't about to do that!  There was tons of people at the sale by the time we arrived and we saw lots of good things in other people's hands like Garmin GPS watches, road bikes, bike racks and running strollers.  REI has a great return policy for their members who pay their lifetime $20.00 membership fee. Due to this great return policy, their customers return everything and anything they can and then REI has this great sale every three months or so for the rest of us. I think I even saw a pack of toilet paper at the sale! Really, no joke but I guess it is safe to assume that it wasn't used!  I was able to grab a few things at some great prices that are gently used.  I am not usually into buying used items but I couldn't pass these items up.  Here is what I scored:

1) A pair of Pearl Izumi All-Road Bike Shoes for my spinning classes that I can never seem to make it to. These retail for $85.00 and I haven't bought a pair because I wasn't ready to pay that much for them especially when I have a hard time getting to the classes due to time conflicts.  The tag says that they were only worn twice and returned because they were too tight in the toe area. I paid $20.00 for these! They don't look worn at all to me so I was excited when I saw these laying on the ground all by their lonesome! I now have a good reason to start going to spin class again and sticking to it! Hopefully I don't get athlete's foot from my new but used shoes!



2. I also picked up these Amphipod Running Belts for $9.00 and $12.00.  They don't include the water bottles but I don't think I would want to drink out of used water bottles anyway. Now I have three running belts and they are all different so depending on what I want to carry with me on any given day, I now have a variety to choose from! I paid $40.00 for the one that I already own so this was a excellent deal!


3. This item was not part of the used gear sale but my son has been bugging me to buy this for him because he gets tired standing out on the course waiting for me to finish my races! He tells me that I take too long. I guess that is his way of telling me that I am too slow!


My son and my niece Kia'a trying out the new chair
On Sunday morning I ran 22 miles which is my last super long run before the Long Beach Marathon on October 9th. I didn't do as well as I thought I should have so I am hoping for the best! I was hoping to get it done much faster but I didn't and I have no excuses. I am hoping that the adrenaline and excitement that I usually feel on race day will carry me to the finish line!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the awesome REI deals AND completing your last 22 miler!!! Thats a huge hurdle, you're going to kick ass in Long Beach!

    ReplyDelete