Sep 9, 2013

More Bad News....

I feel like my faith is really being put to the test lately. So many things are going on and right when I thought I was ready to get back on track, more bad news has come my way.  
 

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that my dog Roxy was having some tests done to figure out what was going on with her. On August 19th she had a blood test test done to see if she had Cushing's disease and that came back negative. The doctor also recommended a biopsy of the area of skin on her face that was red and seemed to be getting worse. For the last year, the vet thought she had a food allergy or some type of bacterial infection so we tried different diets and antibiotics. None of those things worked so the last thing to do was the biopsy.

The doctor called me today with the biopsy results and the news was not good. It is devastating to me because I have had this dog for 13 years and she has always been healthy and I take really good care of her. If you know me, you know my love for animals like they are my kids. They are members of my family so my heart was broken into a million pieces when I was told the diagnosis. Roxy has been diagnosed with epitheliotrophic lymphoma. We have an appointment to see an oncologist this Friday to see what options are available to us.


 
I will do what I can do for her to keep her comfortable until her time comes. I don't want her to suffer in any way and I want to make sure she is happy. She is still eating, she seems happy and is able to get around like she normally does. I wish I knew what she was feeling so that I my decision will be the right one.
  
I hope that this is the end of the bad news because I think I have enough to deal with right now. My faith is really being put to the test right now!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy, that's rough. I'm sorry to hear this of your baby. Sending good thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/09/2013

    Aww I just teared up I'm so sorry! My dog is like my child, I don't know what I would do without her. You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear this about Roxy. I will be keeping both of you in my prayers during this time. I know that we both value our pets so much, and my heart is breaking for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor sweetie. I'm so sorry, Sandy. This is devastating for sure. Many hugs and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh big hugs and prayers coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about Roxy. I'll be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry. She sounds so sweet and stoic. Keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so so sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9/16/2013

    I lost my little girl 7 years ago to cancer :(
    We had opted to go the surgery and chemo route and it was the best thing...we had her for 9 more wonderful months, happy and energetic right to the end. Every day matters...I am so sorry to hear about Roxy...love her up every day and spoil her rotten <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what we are doing! She is the best dog ever and she is worth it to me. She also has heart trouble so we have to be very careful with her treatment. Thank you for your comment. It gives me hope.

      Delete