Sep 22, 2013

Weekly Update (9/16/13 to 9/22/13) and 1001 Miles!

I am excited to share that this week marks 1001 miles for 2013! My goal for 2013 is to run 1200 miles and if things continue to go as planned, I think it is going to happen! 
Since I made the decision to run the Long Beach Marathon, I am trying to figure out how to prepare for it. I have about 3 weeks left and I haven't ran 20 miles since August 9th. I don't think I am going to be able to fit a 20 miler in so I will do what I can. I am thinking that I will shoot for an 18 miler next week and then I will have to start tapering. I just love tapering...said no one ever! The weather has been cooling down this week and I hope it continues as we approach October. I need perfect good marathon weather!

My cross-training plans have kind of fallen apart. I have been visiting my friend who lost her husband and I have been getting home pretty late. I pretty much have time to take a shower and go to bed on the nights that I visit her. I am hoping to get back to it really soon. The weather has been way cooler this week and I hope it continues to cool down as we approach October. I need perfect good marathon weather!

Monday: Unplanned REST DAY. I went to visit my friend and she wanted to talk so I got home really late and skipped my cross training. No Bueno!

Tuesday: 7.48 Miles on the treadmill @8:01 pace. My first mile was a warm up at 8:43 pace and the remaining 6.48 miles averaged at 7:55.

Wednesday: 2.22 Easy Miles with the family @9:44 pace.

Thursday
REST DAY-Spent the evening with my friend again.....
Friday: 8 Miles@9:39 pace. I ran with my other half and this was a record distance for him. The weather was perfect and the sun never came out while we were running!

Saturday: REST DAY

Sunday: 15.5 Miles @ 8:20 pace. The first 3 miles were tough. My legs felt heavy and tired but I finally got into it at Mile 4 and my pace was pretty good for the remainder of my run!

Total Miles: 33.21
How was your long run this weekend?

12 comments:

  1. Awesome numbers for 2013 so far!!! Very cool to see the numbers jump that high, huh? You are having such a great year - I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Last year was not so great so I am thankful that this year has been good to me.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't worry about not cross-training. Taking care of your friend and getting your rest is important. Your upcoming plans to prepare for the marathon sound great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Tina. I was doing so well with the cross training so I feel kind of guilty but you are right. I know my friend needs me more than anything else right now. There will always be another race to train for.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on reaching 1,000 miles!! And I guess I might see you at Long Beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin! Are you running the half or the full?

      Delete
    2. I'm running the full and would love to meet you. This will be my second marathon, my first being a week before in Portland. Long Beach will be my qualifying race for Marathon Maniacs. Needless to say, I'm a little nervous. What was I thinking?! :-/ I'm hopeful Portland goes well to give me a little bit more confidence that I'll probably need a week after running my first marathon.

      Delete
    3. I have always wanted to become a Marathon Maniac but it scares me! I am so happy that you are taking on the challenge! Have a good time and enjoy yourself. I would love to meet you too!

      Delete
  4. Great job (as usual). I'm impressed your other half is up to 8 miles at a sub 10 pace. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is doing pretty good with his training. He swore that I was crazy and that he would never run any distance beyond a 10K. It is pretty cool watching his progress!

      Delete
  5. You are doing SO great, Sandy! I think the LB marathon will be no sweat for you. My weekend long run was a 5k instead. I'm toying with getting that long run in today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Marcia! I am glad that you were given a clean bill of health! Enjoy your runs no matter the distance! I want to kind of enjoy Long Beach without too much pressure so that is kind of the plan.

      Delete