Jul 29, 2011

Five Things "I am thankful for" Friday

As I was driving into work this morning I started thinking of a few things, in no particular order, that I am really excited about and thankful for so I am going to share them with you now.... so listen up!
1) I am thankful for and feel so very lucky to have a job!  So many people are out of work and losing their homes so whenever I feel ungrateful I have to remind myself of this! I love my job, my boss, my staff and all of the other people that I work with.  My boss is great because he gave me a chance to get into local government when nobody else would!  He doesn't micromanage, he allows me to  have a flexible work schedule and he leaves me alone and lets me get my job done.  I have great benefits and I love the city that I work for!  I could not ask for a better job, a better boss, or a better group of people to work with.  
2) I am also excited that my Dad is responding well to his chemotherapy.  He is getting better and his test results have been coming back really positive.  I have a new respect for my Dad because he fights so hard and wants no sympathy whatsoever!  He goes to work everyday and if you didn't know my Dad, you would never think that he is battling cancer.  I LOVE YOU DADDY!
3) I have working on my MPA (Master of Public Administration) for quite some time now.  I never really had a plan to earn a Master's degree but since my job offers tuition reimbursement I figured I should take full advantage of it. (One more reason why I love my job.)  A few things have occurred in my life that have stopped me from completing the program (running/training being one of them) and honestly, I just really didn't feel like doing a thesis, which is the last thing that I need to earn this darn degree! Let me just toot my own horn real quick here (toot toot) and tell everyone that my GPA is 3.85! I got a B in one really boring Administrative Law course that really screwed up my GPA. Oh well, life goes on and I guess I will never be a lawyer in my next life! Anyway, here is what I am excited about...I just found out that taking an exam will now be an option to earning my MPA!  So heck yeah I will be enrolling in that that class in the winter quarter and will have my degree in March 2012!  HOORAY!!...Finally!!
4) I am also happy to announce that I am back in the 100 Mile Club as of yesterday!  I have 100 miles on the books and I still have a 16-mile run scheduled for tomorrow so I will close out the month of July with 116 miles!  I haven't logged this many miles since January 2011, so I am pretty excited about it! While I am on the topic of running, I also want to toot my own horn one more time (toot toot) and tell everyone that I ran three consecutive days, which is really tough for me.  Here is what I did:

Tuesday: 6 Miles at 8:43
Wednesday: 6 Miles at 8:28
Thursday: 4 Miles at 8:32

Not only is it tough for me to do but my shins don't appreciate it!  My new compression sleeves have been helping me out so much and now I don't feel so bad about spending $80 on them!
5) This last thing I am thankful for sounds a little corny or kind of scripted but it's the truth, so I have to tell everyone about it anyway! I am thankful for being healthy and I am thankful for my family, which includes my two Pomeranians that I love to death! My family always has some kind of drama/chaos going on and somebody is always on the outs with someone, but at the end of the day I love them all and I am happy to be a part of this dysfunctional family.  Hey, no family is perfect and I wouldn't have it any other way.


So what are you thankful for today?  Think about it and share. I am sure you have lots of thankful for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment