Apr 20, 2012

Weekend Plans and Another Run on the Agenda

We have no big plans for the weekend. I have really been wanting to see the Titanic in 3D but I don't think that my 10 year old is going to sit through a three hour movie. Once the nachos and the popcorn are gone, the movie better be something that interests him or he loses focus really quick! I think Grandma is going to have to keep him entertained while we slip away to watch this movie.  Titanic is the very first movie that my husband and I saw together so it's one of my all time favorites.
Other than wanting to see Titanic in 3D, my plan is to get back out there and go for another run.  I did have a little bit of pain after the 8 Miler on Tuesday so I took a few days off. The pain was in a different area so that was encouraging since I would have gone into a mad panic thinking that I re-injured myself! I don't want to take any chances so I have learned to be patient and rest when something doesn't feel right! The pains that I have been experiencing lately are nothing major and seem to go away within a couple of days with a little bit of icing. I have to admit that I do get paranoid with every little ache and pain that I feel.  I really need this paranoia to go away really soon!!
Can you believe that the OC Marathon is just a couple of weeks away? I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.  I have my heart set on running it but my body will make the final decision.  My plan is to get myself up to 10 miles and if I am able to handle it then I will go for it.  If not, I am going to sit it out......

Do you have any big plans this weekend?  Titanic fan? Yes or No?

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work....you're coming back sensibly and I look forward to read about your marathon experience soon!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like the movie. Doubt I have the need to see people drown in 3D though. Hope your 10 miles goes well.

    I'll be running 13 miles tomorrow, a dress rehearsal of sorts for a half marathon in a week. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the great job hon! Loved Titanic, although I've seen it far too many times to go again, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I think I said this before...but you're doing the OC marathon?? I think I'm going to do it too!!

    Haven't signed up yet, still waiting to see what the weather's going to be like. I'm going to be in California with Tappan for a week anyway, thought it'd be fun to do a marathon while I'm out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Titanic, but I don't need to see it again. I hope you and the husband get to go, though.

    Fingers crossed for your run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the Titanic 3 times in the theater when it first came out
    I loved it.
    I cannot do 3D so I will not go see this one.
    I sure hope you will be ok for OC!
    not doing it this year...going to run the race in Irvine for pediatrics research

    ReplyDelete