Mar 1, 2013

National Peanut Butter Lover's Day

Happy National Peanut Butter Lover's Day! My favorite way to enjoy peanut butter is with apples and pretzels so those are my work snacks for today. I also love toast with peanut butter before I go for a run. I happened to bring the whole jar of peanut butter to work with me today so that it doesn't get lonely at home. I promise not to eat the whole jar!
Here are some facts about peanut butter that I found:

Did you know that the average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he or she graduates high school? Peanut butter has been popular since the early 1900s, but no one knows who invented it. Today, it is an $800 million industry dominated by household names such as Jif, Skippy, and Peter Pan.

Peanut butter is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats, and can help reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. For the healthiest choice, look for brands that have no oil or sugar added. Celebrate National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day with a delicious peanut butter snack in honor of the occasion!

In honor of National Peanut Butter Lover's Day, I went shopping at 5:30am this morning  and bought these compression socks! I could not resist! Now I am feeling the pressure to sign up for a St. Patrick's Day race thanks to PRO Compression twisting my arm and forcing me to buy these! Darn it!

What is your favorite way to enjoy peanut butter?

Are you doing a St. Patty's Day race this year?  

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love peanut butter! I definitely had a pb&j every day for 12 years when I was in school!!! Now my daughter brings one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have had a PB&J since I was 12 years old! I love peanut butter cookies too but haven't had any of those in a while either!

      Delete
  2. My favorite way to enjoy peanut butter is to eat a scoop of crunchy, right out of the jar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a crunchy PB fan but I will confess that I do eat it straight out of the jar. I had to buy my own bottle so that I can eat out of it..seriously!

      Delete
  3. I love peanut butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I seem to go through phases where I get sick of it and then I love it all over again!

      Delete
  4. Those socks are adorable! Have you tried cashew butter before? It's kind of pricey, but it is the best thing I have ever tasted (in that category!). You have got to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried cashew butter but I love cashews so I am sure I will fall in love. Where can I find it?

      Delete