Mar 15, 2013

Pho Fridays and $35.00 Potato Chips!

My Friday's are usually spent running errands like going to Target, Petsmart, Costco/Sam's Club and then the other stuff around the house like laundry and cleaning. I usually get a run in as well but my running schedule had to be moved around this week so that I can take my son to The Happiest Place on Earth. One of the reasons why I love my job is because I only work one Friday a month. Let's not talk about how I feel on that one Friday a month that I actually have to work. I have added a new item to the "Friday To Do List." I now have to eat Pho!

I now have two addictions: cupcakes and Pho! I can't get enough of this Pho stuff. I usually get the chicken noodle or the vegetarian. I am not a vegetarian but just love the tofu and vegetables. Today I decided to get creative and made it my own. I ordered the vegetarian with egg noodles in chicken broth. I loved it. The vegetarian usually comes in a clear broth since chicken broth would make it non vegetarian right? The price is right too. $6.50 for this huge bowl!
My son has also been bugging me about trying some new chips that Lay's has put out. Apparently you have to vote on the three crazy flavors that have been chosen as the finalists.  I think that the winner will become a new permanent flavor or something like that. I got lucky on Thursday and happened to find all three flavors in the back of the Lay's display at a market near my job. They crazy flavors were all shoved to the back and I when I was in the self-checkout I happened to spot them. We tried them all and I think that we all agree that Chicken and Waffles is the best of the three.
The Chicken and Waffles tastes just like maple syrup and chicken but I can't see myself eating half the bag like I can with the BBQ Lays. The Cheesy Garlic Bread tastes just like the name implies and the Sriracha was just too spicy for us. If you want to try them, Lay's is giving them away for free today from 4-8pm at your local Kroger store. Apparently these chips are very hard to get your hands on since they are now being sold on Ebay for $35.00!
I am looking forward to meeting up with some of my Ragnar Team members for a group run bright and early tomorrow morning. It is going to be warm so I am planning on starting early!    Have a Great Weekend!

Have you ever tried Pho? What is your favorite?

Have you tried these crazy flavored Lay's chips? Which one would you vote for?

7 comments:

  1. aaack I am LOVING pho these days!! I also mentioned it today!!! Can't get enough of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE pho!!! so so good. and with that, you've reminded me that i haven't had any in a while... better get on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly timed post - I made pho for the first time last night! It wasn't as good as I've had in a restaurant, but it was nice to have at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like it would be pretty simple to make but some things just don't taste quite the same when made at home! You got me wanting it again tonight!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3/17/2013

    I love pho and have tried to make it at home. Not the same. So, I have an excuse to go to the restaurant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried to make it at home but another blogger told me the same thing. I use it as an excuse to get out and not have to cook :)

      Delete