Apr 23, 2013

A Tribute Run for Boston

Last week my friend Pam invited me to join her and a group of other bloggers from the OC to run for Boston. Pam is super sweet and is so nice to me even though I am way out of her league in the running spectrum! She is awesome and I admire her for all of her huge accomplishments. Her sons are absolutely adorable and ran with the group the entire time! I guess they are going to take after their mommy!
I met most of the girls that attended the run for the first time but follow their blogs. It was nice to actually meet them in person since they are some pretty amazing and inspiring young ladies. I took my friend Shawna from work along since she is trying to get back into running more miles.
Pam said a few words about Boston before we started and then we were off in honor of Boston.
Thank you for organizing this event Pam. Please remember to keep Boston in your prayers as they have a long road of recovery ahead of them.

Did you run for Boston yesterday?

12 comments:

  1. I love seeing all these runs for Boston, such a great community. I went to one that our local running store hosted last evening as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome that you did a run as well! I was so proud to see all of the runners who united for such a great cause.

      Delete
  2. This is so fun. I see some faces I recognize as well, from blogging. How fun it would be to meet you all (and you are not in a different league!)

    I have an unrelated question! I want to run another full marathon, but I want to do it at sea level and in California because the weather there is pretty stable. Do you have any recommendations with good courses or races? My husband even spoke of running a full marathon after this past weekend (gasp). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The marathon that I am running in May is called Mountains 2 Beach and is supposed to be a great course. It is a downhill course and is a great Boston Qualifier course. San Diego Rock and Roll is also supposed to be a good one too and they just changed their course for the better. I have not ran either one so I will have to let you know how it goes.

      Delete
  3. That was a cool you guys did that. We runners are definitely a special breed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jose. It was a good feeling to do something in honor of Boston.

      Delete
  4. LOVE all the pics. :) So happy that I was finally able to meet YOU Sandy!! :) Thanks for coming out & bringing Shawna as well.

    Our strongest muscles in running is our HEARTS so, we are in the SAME spectrum my friend. :) You're doing so great with your training for Mountains 2 Beach, keep it up! Boston 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that I met you too! You are just gorgeous! Shawna had a great time too and really enjoyed meeting everyone. Thank you for being such a true and down to earth person in spite of your incredible running talents! I am excited yet really nervous for Mountains 2 Beach!!

      Delete
  5. This is so great you got to be a part of this
    I wish I was closer I would have gone even with my darn knee
    They had a run in Rancho on the trail but I had nobody to watch the kids so I missed it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the first person I thought of taking with me! I wish you could have made it too. Hope you are feeling better soon. Are you still going to do OC next week?

      Delete
  6. You guys look GREAT.....and what a beautiful evening and location to be running in! You make me very BOSTON PROUD! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Important event to remember the victims. My thought sand my prayers are for them.
    Beautiful pics of a beautiful running group.

    ReplyDelete