Apr 9, 2013

Marathon Training: Week Five

This week was supposed to be an easy week for me coming off of a 20 mile run last Saturday and a 35 mile week which is more miles than I usually run. I ran the Hollywood Half Marathon on Sunday which took the place of my 14 mile long run for this week.

Here is a summary of Week Five:

Run#1: 7 Miles at 8:53 pace.

Run #2: 7 Miles at 9:12 pace.

Run #3: 13.25 Miles (Hollywood Half Marathon) at 8:25 pace. This course was not easy and the hills kept me on my toes! My goal pace was 8:30 and I stayed on track for most of the race. 

Total Miles: 27.25 

My back is feeling a lot better and I was able to run my half marathon last week at an 8:25 pace without feeling any discomfort whatsoever. Yes, I am smiling as I say that! My legs are feeling pretty good as well and I have been pampering them with the new foam roller that I bought. The foam roller works miracles for my legs so I make time to do it. My dogs get way too excited when the foam roller comes out and they try to lick me to death!
I will be picking things up this week and shooting for a longer run this weekend. I hope the weather is as great as it was this past weekend. Ragnar So Cal is less than two weeks away and I am getting excited about it! It will be my first relay so I am anxious to get my feet wet with a relay.
I have to start getting all of my stuff together and need to do some shopping for all of my snacks. I have all of the supplies that I need to run the relay (as demonstrated by my son in my Hood to Coast application.) If you haven't had a chance to see my application, you can find it HERE. I think I need to stock up on Watermelon nuun too! I am neglecting all of the other nuun flavors at the very moment! Sorry...

Questions:
Did you have a great week? What are your running plans for the week?
I think I am going to shoot for a 18 mile run on Saturday or Sunday depending on the weather.

2 comments:

  1. Foam rolling with pets is quite an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! They think it is time to lay with me and play!

      Delete