Nov 24, 2013

LA Marathon Training Week 2; 11/18/13-11/24/13

We are finally getting some rain in Southern California so this kind of put a damper on my training this week. Running in the rain can actually be pretty refreshing but the problem for me is that I have to run at night when I get home from work and it is already dark. I don't think I like the combination of dark and rain so I am kind of forced to run on the treadmill. I am slowly getting my mileage to where I want it to be and this week looked like this:

MondayREST

Tuesday: 6.3 Miles @ BQ Pace
 
Wednesday: REST

Thursday: REST
Friday7 Miles (Hope for the Philippines 5K Virtual Race and 4 additional miles.) I started my run with the 5K and then added 4 additional miles. I actually did some 400m repeats. I have not done speed work in a while so I was pretty proud of myself even though I was dying!

Saturday15 Mile Long Run with my girls. We ran the first 13 Miles together and I ran the last 2 alone since I needed to get 15 in this week. It made the miles fly by which was great!

Sunday: REST

TOTAL MILES: 28.3

In other news, I may be adding a half marathon to my Race Schedule in a couple of weeks. I was planning on being a spectator for the race but one of my friends is unable to run due to a heart condition. She offered me her bib since there are no refunds or rollovers. She is in the same age group as me so I don't think I will be doing any damage by running with her bib. It will be the first time that I actually do this.

How was your week?

How is the weather out your way?
It has been in the low 40's to mid 50's here in the So Cal in the morning and then it warms up into the 60's by the afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Great week and ramp up. My week started great and then I got a cold that knocked me out for the weekend and ended my run streak. Weather is below freezing here, but that's to be expected in SW Ontario this time of year. YAY Boston Training! Have fun with the half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how you run in those freezing temps! I would be making every excuse not to run :( Hope you are feeling better and good luck to you with your Boston training as well. I know you can do it since you got that 1:45 half which I am hoping to achieve one day as well.

      Delete