Nov 18, 2013

LA Marathon Training-Week One (11/11/13-11/17/13) and a Virtual Race

My rest week training for the LA Marathon is not off to a great start! I had so many things to do after I returned home from running Ragnar Las Vegas. I had lots of dirty laundry and then I had to catch up with my family, friends and my fur babies. You know, the most important stuff. I finally managed to get a run in on Thursday since I had a half marathon to run on Sunday.

Here is a quick recap of my week:

MondayREST

Tuesday: REST
 
Wednesday: REST
 
Thursday5.00 Miles @10:32

Friday: REST

Saturday: REST
Sunday: Surfer's Point Half Marathon (13.20 Miles) with my other half! He did great and I am so proud of him. I will recap our first half marathon together in a separate post.

TOTAL MILES:18.2 Miles

I will be participating in the Hope4Philippines5k virtual race to raise money for those affected by Typhoon Haiyan.  Registration is only $15 but you can donate more if you are able. Each participant will receive a free Active Band and there are also some awesome prizes you can win. There is also a race bib available that you can print out and wear while you run your 5k. Please go and SIGN UP!
The plan is to get my behind back in gear next week and really start taking things serious.I am thinking about adding a Turkey Trot to my race schedule on Thanksgiving Day. This lady and this lady are really twisting my arm so I guess I have no choice but to consider it. 

Please spread the word about the Hope4Philippines5k virtual race since there are just a couple more days to sign up! 

HAVE A GREAT WEEK! 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your hubby on his half!! I love doing turkey trots...just gets me in the festive mood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of this virtual half! Thanks for the heads up and congrats again to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete