Jul 1, 2015

Goodbye June and Hello July!

I can't believe that we are half way through 2015. Before we know it, Thanksgiving and Christmas will upon us. I love the holiday season and I cannot wait for it to arrive since I get to visit with a lot of my family.

Ever since I hired a running coach, my focus has not really been on the number of miles that run even though it is quite a change. June was a very low mileage month but what a blessing it was. I have not had any hip pain for almost 3 weeks and that is a wonderful thing!


Running lower mileage is a big change for me because I am used to running a lot more than I have been. The trade off is the strength training/cross training that I do three times a week. I have noticed that my body feels just as tired with the lower mileage combined with the strength training so I know that I am still putting in the work. I am starting to get a little more comfortable in the weight area of the gym with big boys but working out with my other half is kinda nice since he helps me out so I think we are going to stick with it.


I have to trust my the training, my coach and more than anything I have to believe in myself. I just keep telling this myself that so I don't get too worried about it. I am also slowing things down a lot. My runs are at much easier paces as well which is sometimes hard for me. I just like to get out there and get it done but not anymore. Sometimes I feel like I am hardly moving but after all of the time that I spend on my feet I still feel accomplished in the end. The trade off is the speedwork where I am hitting paces that I have never even attempted to hold before. There are days for easy running and then there are days where I really have to step out of my comfort zone and push myself.

I am looking forward to some time off from work next week which will allow me more flexibility with my training schedule. I haven't been to my running club in a while and really miss running with them. I am going to try to meet up with them on one of the days where my long run distance is the same as theirs.

Happy Canada Day to all of my Canadian friends!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

1 comment:

  1. Love your posts always!You have a super writing type and your content is awesome!If you want follow back on bloglovin!https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/2activelab-13557649
    Have a great day!
    http://www.2activelab.com

    ReplyDelete