Nov 13, 2012

Time to Get Back to Work...

I had a great 6 days off of work and tomorrow I have to go back. It was nice to say the least but the thought of all the work piling up on my desk also sat in the back of my mind. We got a lot done over the past 6 days. The anniversary celebration lasted way too long in the form of eating. The grand finale of the celebration was this amazing dessert and then I decided to call it quits for sure. I knew I was going overboard but it only happens once a year so you gotta live a little, right? I am afraid to step on the scale these days!
So many great races took place over the weekend and I have to admit that I was pretty sad not being a part of it. Going for the 9 mile run on Sunday kind of made me feel better since I was able to run even if it wasn't a race. I woke up on Monday morning feeling pretty good after my 9 mile run which was very reassuring. The weather was perfect and it was nice to not have to get up at 5:00 am to beat the heat! 
I took a break from running on Monday to go see the new James Bond movie "Skyfall" with the boys. They have been waiting for this movie to come out for a long time. It was a great movie, so go and see it! 
I went for 6 miler on the treadmill this morning. It was very boring but I stayed in bed too long to take advantage of the cooler temperatures. I am counting my blessing these days when it comes to running. I just have to be careful when the good feeling kick in because the "sign up for a race" bug starts to kick in along with it! I am still contemplating if I will do the Turkey Trot or a Christmas half but if I do, I will sign up as late as possible to make sure that I am feeling strong enough.

I am also getting really excited for Black Friday. Target just released a sneak peak of their Black Friday ad and they are offering the same iPad that I just impulsively bought with an even greater deal. They are offering a $60 Target gift card plus an additional $10 Target gift card with any $50 purchase. I haven't opened mine yet but I am thinking about returning it and going for the better deal since mine only came with a $40 Target gift card. I am a huge bargain hunter and coupon cutter so it's hard for me to accept less of a deal!

Even though I love my job, I cannot hardly wait until my next vacation! My sister will be visiting from South Carolina and we are having another big Christmas party this year. I will be off from December 21st through January 2nd. A whole 13 days so it will be even harder to return to work after all of that time off. My son is on vacation until January 7th so it is also hard to get out the door and go back to work while he is still on vacation. 

Are you a coupon user?
Any chance that I get to use a coupon or save some money I am in! I will sign up for anything that offers discounts or coupons. You would not believe how much money I have saved!

Are you a bargain hunter?
You know I am. I never pass up the chance to get price adjustments or return something that I haven't opened or used to score a cheaper price!

10 comments:

  1. It's weird for me to read about heat as it was 20 degrees on my run yesterday. I almost wimped out and went to Zumba. Almost!
    YEs to coupons and bargains. ALthough I've never done the black Friday thing in stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try Black Friday! You will either love it or hate it! Isn't it funny how the cold weather makes us want to wimp out but when the heat is upon us we are wishing it was cold! I guess we will get used to it. I am so glad the cool weather is back.

      Delete
  2. Ah sounds amazing. I have some time off as well during the holidays and CANNOT wait for it. Just to enjoy and catch up on life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Time off from work is always needed to keep us fresh and renewed. Not only that but we do our best at work when our home life is complete so we can't lose sight of our personal lives.

      Delete
  3. I want that dessert!!!! enjoy being back at work :P lol I don't use coupons as much as I should...however I'm a huge thrifter and bargin hunter. I like older things and the environment is pretty important to me so I try not to buy too much new stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizookie's are my weakness! I have to avoid this restaurant because there is no way I am leaving the place without one! I have never tried thrift stores but my sister gets some really amazing deals there. I am going to have to try it one day.

      Delete
  4. I always have a dessert binge after a marathon--looking forward to that after CIM for sure. Your dessert looked fantastic.

    My husband and I saw Skyfall on Monday, too--loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been a a dessert binge and I haven't even ran a marathon! You deserve it because you have been working so hard! CIM is so close!! I wish I was running it too but my time will come.

      Delete
  5. Now that's a dessert! I'm a bargain hunter and I try to use coupons as much as possible-it adds up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dessert was amazing! They have so many different flavors so it is hard to pass up when you want to try them all!

      Delete