Nov 22, 2012

What Are You Thankful For?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 

Sometimes when you have a lot going on or life seems to be getting the best of you, it is hard to stop and count your blessings, right?  If you are a runner, you will understand the next thing I am about to state. Being injured sucks and when I am unable to run I feel like it is the end of the world! I get into a really depressed state of mind and take for granted the hundreds of things that I am blessed with. I just want to share some of things that I am truly thankful for today:
1. I am thankful for my health.  I have to constantly remind myself of this, especially when I am not able to run. As most of you already know, my Dad is fighting cancer and although he is working and is still doing quite well in spite of the cancer, he is not able to do lots of things that he used to do.  My Dad used to ride his bike as often as he could. The chemo tires him out so much that he is no longer able to ride his bike.  My Dad has opened my eyes so much and has truly made me thankful that I am healthy and that I am able to run even when there are times when I am sidelined.

2. I am thankful that my children are healthy. I have a co-worker who has a very young daughter who has cancer. I believe that she is only 7-8 years old.  My heart breaks for him because it has changed his life. She has a couple weeks left of treatment and things are looking very positive. I cannot even imagine having to watch one of my kids go through something like this.

3. I am thankful to be employed. I have a great job and I work in a great place. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve the job that I have. I have a great boss who is flexible and allows me to work hours that fit with my home life. He understands that my son has things going on at school and never has a problem if I want to take time off to attend those activities or to attend dentist or doctor's appointments. I am truly blessed to have such a great job. In return, I do my best and take care of everything so that my boss never has to ask. I hope that I  can retire from this job. It is just that great!

4. I am thankful for my family. We have our ups and downs but in the end we are family and must love and accept one other. I am very thankful for my grandparents who have always supported me since I was young. My parents divorced when I was five years old and they did their best to help my older sister and I through some rough times at such a young age. I hope that one day I can repay them for everything that they have done for me. I have promised them that when they get old and can no longer take care of themselves that they will not end up in a convalescent home and they will be well taken care of. The reason I purchased a larger home was to make room for them so that when they need me, there have a place to go.

5. I am thankful to have a home and food on the table. So many people have lost their homes due to the poor economy and that makes life pretty tough. I am also thankful to have food on the table since so many people are homeless or have been displaced for one reason or another.

Don't forget to count your blessings each and every day! 

Tell me one thing that you are thankful for today?

9 comments:

  1. I'm definitely thankful for my family today! It's been great to spend time with them this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Family time is the best time especially during the holidays. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Definitely have your priorities in order chickie!! I'm so thankful for my family and our health...the rest we can face together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful as well love...I met you! You are an amazing woman and blogger friend! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! You are so sweet! I am glad I met you as well. You are an amazing woman who carries a big load on your shoulders!

      Delete