Aug 24, 2013

I Guess I Have to Run Naked for a While!

My pretty little Garmin has lost it's mind and has in turn caused me to lose mine! It has been acting up for the past two weeks and I have been resetting it in the middle of my runs because it either tells me that I am running 15 minutes miles when I know that I am not or it tells me that it took me 2:16 minutes to run .03 miles and completely throws my average pace off!
It has also been searching for the foot pod and does not allow me to turn the foot pod off without resetting it! I am not even sure why the foot pod option is even turning on?? Something is clearly wrong and I would hate for this to happen in the middle of a race, especially a marathon!
I said goodbye to it today and ordered a new one which will not be here until September 3rd! I can buy the black 610 in a store but the white had to be ordered online.

I have two races next weekend so I might end up running them naked or I might have to use my old one!

Have you ever ran a race without your Garmin/watch?
I never have!

11 comments:

  1. Mine died last week too, and was lucky enough to get a hand me down. Still trying to figure it out (the 405!). I'm dreaming of a 610!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the bezel on the 405 to be hard to use. It is still a nice watch but the 610 is a touch screen and very easy to use!

      Delete
  2. The 405 was hard for me to use due to the bezel but it was nice for a friend to hand it to you. Did you try resetting your old one? There is a way to reset them and they sometimes just need that to work again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My one recent naked race experience was great--second fastest half. I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just might do it. I am so bad at running my feel because most of the time I running faster than I should be. I will have to try it one day.

      Delete
  4. Mine has been aching weird too. Now I'm worried :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should replace or have it repaired before any big races!

      Delete
  5. Grrr frustrating! When I was coming back from pregnancy I ran without. I used the clocks and mile markers to help me. It helped me focus on the distance and not the pace as much! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea Nancy! Sometimes it is nice to forgot about the time and just enjoy the run!

      Delete
  6. I feel your pain!!! My Garmin (or the cord; not sure) decided it wasn't really digging working - in time for my marathon! So I ran "almost" naked (dug out the old timex - ugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it is just the cord which will be much easier to replace than the watch itself. I don't think I could run a marathon naked but maybe a shorter distance. Good luck with your watch :)

      Delete