Aug 7, 2013

What a Week It Has Been!

This week has been a little crazy to say the least. I am glad it's Wednesday since tomorrow is the last workday of the week for me. Work has been a little hectic this week but the days have flown by. I manage a small department so when one person goes on vacation we all have to cover for one another. I have been super busy this week doing the job that I used to do before I was promoted to the manager of the division. I almost forgot what doing that job was like but it was good to take a step back and re-train myself on those tasks again. I love my job and I know that I am blessed to have it. I get really annoyed when people complain about their jobs because I know that their lives would be worse if they didn't have a job at all! Don't you agree?
I haven't mentioned this on the blog because I have been trying to let it settle into my mind but I just found out about a month ago that my step-father now has cancer. So now both my father and my step-father have cancer. I am pretty bummed about it to say the least. My parents divorced when I was really young so I spent a lot of years with my step-father. He is a good man and accepted us as his own. I feel bad that this has happened to yet another person in my life that I love. Please keep him in your prayers as he is really worried and scared about what is going to happen to him. I am sure that must be a terrible feeling and must consume his every thought.
Thank God for running which gives me an outlet to relieve some of the stress in my life. Having said that, I have been absolutely obsessed with the 7-Day Forecast lately! I can't believe that the lows have been in the mid 50's this week. I seriously try to plan my runs around the weather, especially my longer runs. I can't hardly wait to go for a long run on Friday and be able to enjoy the cooler weather! I have been dragging my other half along on most of my run lately or at least a part of them until he increases his mileage and I am kind of enjoying it. Yesterday he mentioned that he doesn't mind if I have to run without him because he doesn't want to mess up my training. Isn't he smart sweet? I might just have to do this on my long run this week. I think I might feel bad leaving him behind. I have a hard time with that.

So how is the weather where you live? Has it started to cool down at all?


5 comments:

  1. sending prayers for both your Dads...cancer truly sucks.

    Today is hot and humid, making my 10 mile bike ride sounding LESS than appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry to hear about your step dad too. We'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your stepfather Sandy. Prayers for God's healing for him and your father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry about your father in law health...this is terrible ...I hope he has good doctors
    Will pray for him

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your news... The weather here is humid and hot and I would love lows in the 50's here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete