Jun 25, 2012

52 Marathons in 52 Weeks!


No, I won't be doing that but this lady is up for the challenge!
Her name is Julie Weiss. She is from Santa Monica, California and lost her dad to pancreatic cancer in 2010. She will stop at nothing to raise $1,000,000 for cancer research so other families won't have to go through what she has. She is part of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network's TEAMHOPE on a serious mission to run 52 marathons in 52 weeks to show how strong the human spirit can be!!  Pretty determined woman! I don't personally know this woman, but her story hits home because as most of you already know, my father is currently battling cancer.  Although he is still here with me, I found her story to be very brave and inspirational.
Julie has already completed 10 of the 52 marathons and her final marathon will be the LA Marathon in March of 2013.
You can follow her challenge through her website Marathon Goddess. She is moving all over the country so chances are she might just be in your hometown running a marathon! I just wanted to share her story since she caught my attention and I think it is a great thing that she is doing.

GOOD LUCK JULIE!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Mega inspirational, love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! Pretty crazy but more amazing than anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is beyond insane! Good luck to her, so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! I could never do something like this!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's amazing! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she is able to accomplish her goal. She seems pretty darn determined!

      Delete