Jun 8, 2012

When Things Start to Feel a Bit Easier....

I woke up at 5:30 am this morning to tend to my two dogs and the "new family of five." I really wanted to get 9 miles in today so I finished my doggy duty and laced up my shoes! The weather was beautiful so I am glad I went for it! I ran one of my old familiar local routes and it felt like old times.
I was surprised at how an 8:30ish pace is starting to feel a bit easier for me. I didn't say it was easy but today it felt manageable. Getting back to this kind of pace without taking breaks has taken a lot of time for me and I was happy with myself today. I haven't felt this way in a while. I tried not to babysit the Garmin too much and just go with how I felt and an 8:20-8:30 pace was my comfort zone today. 
Got any big plans for the weekend?  
I have a busy weekend planned with lots of errands and a few fun activities
HAPPY FRIDAY!

5 comments:

  1. Nice run! How are the puppies doing today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it when I start to get back into my comfort zone! It took me a couple weeks after my last marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can remain here and continue to improve!

      Delete
  3. Super pace! Great job doing well AND feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terzah! I hope things continue to get better and better! Glad to hear that things are looking good for you as well.

      Delete