Jun 30, 2012

Puppy Update: Four Weeks Old

Can you believe that the puppies are now four weeks old today?  They are all about two pounds now and they have learned so many new things in the last week.  They are so playful with one another now and they walk, bark and growl and are learning to do all of the things that dogs should do.
On Wednesday, I caught one of the puppies eating a piece of dry food out of Sugar's bowl so I decided to try to feed them. It was a little sooner than planned but I think they will be fine. The put a cup of dry food, some powdered puppy milk, and hot water in the blender and made them some mush.  They loved it!  
They were even licking each others faces after they were done eating!  It was very cute!  Sugar is starting to get a little tired of nursing and it kind of separating herself from the puppies so I think it is good time to start training them how to eat on their own.  The cuter they get, the more I don't want to give them away!! My son is busy convincing me that we need to keep all four of them!

8 comments:

  1. They are so cute! Kind of makes me want a puppy, but then I think about all work they are and I am glad I have a dog :) Although puppy smell is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are a lot of work!! I love the way their breaths smell. Weird but I can't lie!

      Delete
  2. The blue eyes are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realize he had them until I took his picture. He is so cute even though he is the odd ball (being brown).

      Delete